Tuesday, May 13, 2008

There's a sloth in my garage

I learned tonight that there's a sloth in my garage.

I know, I know. Difficult to fathom: a sloth in a suburban garage. But you have to believe your children, right?

At bedtime, Nanny tells me that she saw a sloth in the garage.
"Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes", she says.

"Are you sure you're sure?" "Yep".

"You're not just remembering the sloth from the last visit to the zoo?" "Nope".

I ask where in the garage and then the truth comes out.

It wasn't really in the garage.

Not where the cars go.

It was the garage where the bikes are.

"You mean the third stall?" "Yes".

"Nanny, sloths are brown and hairy and have four legs. Are you sure you saw one in the garage?"

"No, it had wings and was flying around in the garage!"

My world was suddenly illuminated.

"Oh! You saw a Moth in the garage!"

"Oh yeah, that's what I meant."

Silly Nanny-noo.

Aren't five year olds fun?

No comments: